Social media is an important aspect of any brand. According to HubSpot, social media produces almost double the marketing leads of traditional outbound methods, but you can’t do this by simply creating a page and mindlessly posting updates. You need to have a two-way conversation with your audience on social media. You need to engage them not just as your buyers, but as people and really help them achieve their goals whether it be answering a question or finding a business partner.
It's not all about you.
When you're posting on social media, remember that 80% of your posts should be adding value and brand building, in other words, not promoting your product or service, but helping. The remaining 20% of your posts, however, can be self-serving, endorsing products or upcoming events.
As a brand, you should share news and ideas, even if they aren't yours. The idea is to educate, inform, and "delight."
Engaging in conversation shows that you’re not just a cold organization disconnected from their buyers; it shows you are listening, understand, and care about their concerns on a human level.
Contests are another great way to increase user engagement because not only does this reward loyal fans, but also it creates excitement and will get users to visit your page frequently to check if they've won.
Different contests can be structured to target the engagement that you would like from your audience. A ‘vote to win’ contest would get you likes, but not as many comments as the more challenging contests that would require you to write a tagline in the comment box.
Call to Action.
Call to actions instill psychological nudges that help marketers drive their audience to respond the way that they want to.
One thing that most business owners or marketers tend to miss when they update their Facebook page is not having a ‘call to action’. Your audience tends to respond better when they are given specifics as to what to respond to.
Try sharing a blog post and asking people to comment their opinions. Or if it's summer time post a picture of the beach and ask what their weekend plans are. You can post a picture of some employees having a conversation captioned "We love Monday - Joe and Stacy are catching up over some coffee. How's your Monday morning? #monday #coffee".
There are many ways to engage with your audience. Just make sure you are taking the time to have the conversation with them.
Advertising on Social Media. Now you're actively engaging your audience with quality content posted at just the right time, you're social media accounts have never looked better! Next up, we learn about paid ads.
Picking the right social media platform
[Part 1] In this 6 part course we are going to go over the basic building blocks of social media marketing so that you will be better able to communicate with your audience and convert followers into customers.
[Part 2] In the last post we discussed how to keep it simple. Pick a platform and learn the psychology of said platform in order to position your offering effectively. Now we are going to go over how to keep your audiences attention.
[Part 3] In the last post we discussed how to capture your audiences attention. Consistently post the right content at the right times. Now we are going to go over how to get our content in front of more people to grow our audience.
The Importance of Patience in Social Media Marketing
[Part 6] In the last post we discussed advertising on social media to attain the broadest reach. Now, in the final part of this series, we are going to discuss the most difficult, and perhaps most important part of social media marketing - patience.
Vessel created a new website for us and it looks great, I had little to no time to offer to this project and needed someone to quickly understand my vision and implement. They have a grasp on modern day web design and back end implementation.
Want to know more?
Set up a [free] consultation.
We will walk through your current website and discuss the vision for your new website, as well as any other digital marketing needs you may have.